The ACLS online certification page could improve it’s design by…
- Have more prominent color usage – White is boring when paired with that blue and red. Use more of the colors. Make the text be colored as well.
- Make the text larger and bolder.
- Have more background pictures and spice them up
- Use ANIMATIONS when scrolling or clicking on things. Make sure they have an exaggerated ease in and ease out look. Use simple shapes that move with scrolling
- Use a more interesting font. Maybe bold it or use one with more drastic serifs.
- Have a more prominent logo.
- Bigger with less info directly on the main page. Or make it interesting the way you view the info. One site that is a really good example of this is ANDROID OREO
- Maybe think about having some more lighthearted catchphrases and stuff that make it feel like less of a bad government website.
- WAY to much text. Simplify the front page. The front page basically needs to look like and ad.
I liked the design of the evolution of CPR (Links to an external site.) infographic because it was thought out well and the information was displayed in good taste. However, I would change the color scheme to be a monochromatic palette of reddish to pinkish hues. Something that brings out the red to be more striking. This is death we are talking about! Maybe think about putting some black in there too with more scary looking icons towards the beginning of the timeline and then icons sporting more modernity towards the present day. But, I would eventually probably leave the icons that gray color. Also, I do not like the placement of it on the website. I wish it was full screen making it feel more of the gist of the page. and I think that it would be better if there were some animations while scrolling as well. Maybe have the dotted path move along on the way down or go back as you scroll. While having the icons move in different ways controlled by the user’s scroll. Make these changes and the infographic will be more pleasing to the eye. I can’t tell you if the information is accurate though.
The medical coding and billing online program page could improve its design by using a better logo the career step one is ew. There is a lot of space and a lot of information. Putting less information and make the info that is kept bigger and more prevalent by using less lengthy paragraphs and simple large subtitles. Its design is too centered as well I prefer web pages that are left aligned in most cases (with the exception of portfolios). The experience needs to be simpler with a more narrative feel by using welcome phrases and step by step instructions and info. Less information on one page uses specific catchy phrases like the one at the top. Rather than having all the info on the one page it could be split up into sections with next arrows to feel simpler. Also, the color scheme is ugly and the pictures are bleh in my opinion. All in all Get some interesting photos and a new logo. Decrease the empty space and decrease the amount of info while increasing the font sizes and maybe use a heavy font in certain areas instead of changing the font color. Lastly get a better color scheme.